Re: [PSK-TARA] Thanks for the Fall Rumble

ny2u@...

In a message dated 03/24/2002 16:18:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, w3hf@... writes:

To All:

I would also like to add my thanks to the entire TARA Team for
their efforts in creating the premier contest in the PSK arena.

Ernie WM2U is the front guy, publicizing the contest, building the
web page, creating the rules, and all-around organizing it. His is a
big job, and the contest is what it is because of his efforts.

I only recently learned of the efforts of Joe N2NOU and Karen
KB2UUC. They work behind the scenes after the contest, creating
the certificates and handling the packaging/mailing.

Finally, there's "Mr Bill" NY2U. As President of the sponsoring
organization, Mr Bill is the "big kahuna" of the contest.

Thank you to all of you, as well as anyone else I may have missed.
It has been my privilege to participate in the last two runnings of
the contest, and I look forward to many more.

P.S. I haven't seen any contest traffic on the reflector for the next
contest, in only 27 days! Are any of you other teams going to be
back? We will--more details soon.

Hello Steve, W3HF:

On behalf of TARA I thank you for your kind words! I can tell you this, TARA has been proud to sponsor the PSK Rumbles as well as the RTTY Sprints. Plus, I think we've been extremely lucky to have the cooperation and support we've received from the many digital users World Wide! The participation in these events have far exceeded our goals and we're hoping to experience the continued growth that we've seen over the years.

I'm tickled to read the acknowledgments that the PSK Rumble Team (Ernie, WM2U; Joe, N2NOU & Karen, KB2UUC) are receiving on the 070 & TARA News Groups, and deservedly so! However, there is one notation I'd like to make here. As far as the PSK Rumbles go, Ernie Mills has been the "Main Man" in charge all along. It was Ernie's foresight in what PSK was going to become that brought the rumbles into existence. My role in the PSK Rumbles has really been negligible, so much so that I really do not deserve to be credited in any way with its success.  Yes, it's nice to read the remarks of Steve, W3HF, when he writes, "
As President of the sponsoring organization, Mr Bill is the "big kahuna of the contest." But please remember what Steve also said about the efforts of Ernie, WM2U,  "the contest is what it is because of his efforts" I couldn't agree more! So, if anyone deserves the title of "Big Kahuna" it's Ernie, I hope you think so too!

 Thank You!
"Mr.Bill" NY2U