Re: What is the YO prefixs?

kf4hou <kf4hou@...>

ok well I think it isn't a prefix but it is numeral letter combition
though . And hey check out 12m guys lots of grt opertinuties for long
haul DX wrked Morroco ,Oman ,TA,UA9,lots of Russians SV, well abt the
whole European contient on 12m except a few hard to get ones like
SV9,c31,TF,CU,3A,1A0,ZA,ER,HB0,SY has anybody ever heard these
countries on the air before on psk31 any band?
I thought Romania only had one prefix I know they are at least 5
or
6 call areas but not a prefix this is a prefix kf ,kg ,wb call
areas
are number indentifier like 1,2,3 or kg5 or kg6

Romania actually covers YOA-YRZ, even though typically we only
see YO.

But in the prefix-counting sense, the call district is included in
the
prefix. (See, for example, the rules for the CQ WPX series, or the
PODXS DPX awards, for a detailed description.)

So include the number. I've worked YO2, YO3, YO4, YO5, YO6,
YO8, and YO9, but unfortunately only two of them since 19 Jan
2002. :-(