cw (wot, not psk?)!

Sean \(G4UCJ\) <g4ucj.shack@...>

Hi all, sorry to steer off course but I have a question regarding MixW and the algorithms used to decode CW. I had no response from the MixW reflector so I thought I'd give this one a try! Has anyone noticed any difference between the two algorithms used to decode CW? if so is one better than the other (or better under certain conditions)? It seems to do a fair job of decoding, providing the signal is pretty clear of noise-of course the human ear is always going to be superior but the decoding is useful for dupe checking in a contest (no need to type the call in!). It's great for the other modes and especially psk. Wonder if anyone uses MixW for CW and what their thoughts are.

73

Sean Gilbert, G4UCJ

Member: IPRE,RSGB, FISTS, GWQRP, PODXS 070's

County Morse Examiner

Email: g4ucj.shack@...

AX25: g4ucj@gb7imk.#43.gbr.eu

TCP/IP: 44.131.160.74