Re: arrl is accepting eqsls for dxcc credit

Steve W3HF

I think we need to come up with a different term. The name "eQSL" still apparently means (to Bill) a QSL that is delivered electronically to the ultimate recipient. I have used the term "paper eQSL" to denote the paper card that eQSL will send to you for a service charge of US$1, but perhaps that term is confusing. It certainly seems like an oxymoron to me.

Bill made it clear that if eQSL sends a paper card, based on logs received (even electronically) from a station, then it is acting as a QSL manager and the cards would be valid. He specifically said that no signature or "stamp" was needed. I'm not sure what else might be required.

From: Dick Thompson [mailto:wb0dul@...]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 7:58 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] arrl is accepting eqsls for dxcc credit

This may be duplicated to several Yahoo groups, but I wrote to Bill Moore at the ARRL.  This is the response I got.  Maybe the League has told him to "shut up?"

Dick

Hi Dick:

There has been no change in ARRL policy regarding e-QSLs. To see what ARRL
is currently doing see this site:

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2001/08/02/3/
<http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2001/08/02/3/>

73