Re: arrl is accepting eqsls for dxcc credit

Bills4570@...

Dick,

Sure appreciate your efforts (and those of others as
well) at getting this issue resolved. Keep up the pressure!

I'm kinda new at this, but lately, with the 14 to 29 Mhz
bands as open as they are, I get the idea that working
100 DXCC entities is nowhere near as challenging as
getting 100 paper QSL returns. Maybey that isn't the
case when the sunspots dry up and blow away, but I
thought this DXCC challenge thingie was supposed to be
about radios, antennas, propogation, sleepless nights,
sensitive receivers and expeditions; not the intricacies
of the international postal systems. The way it is, the
emphasis is on the wrong skill......... or am I missing
something here?? Maybe we need to run half watt QRP just
to even up the challenge.............or enter the 21st
century like the rest of the world.

73, Bill
KG6EXF

I agree with what you say, 100%, Steve. I was a little puzzled by Bill Moore's
reply, and was wondering to myself whether his statement that the League's
Position hasn't changed on DXCC or whether he's saying that the Leagues position
hasn't changed as long as they have a printed QSL card. He was not very clear,
and I think I am going to write to him again and ask why he feels he was quoted
out of context. Maybe we should all write to him and ask what gives. It would
be interesting if the ARRL would put out a formal statement on how they stand.
In short I think they are concerned that their own Logbook of the World would be
jeopardized. I really doubt that is the case.

It's getting very expensive to QSL these days. That applies from our end and
the DX stations end. I have never been able to understand how a QSL sent
electronically could be construed as unacceptable. What does a "printed" QSL
have that makes it superior?

Maybe I'm missing something here, maybe not.

Thanks for responding, Steve. I appreciate your comments.

73,

Dick
wb0dul@arrl.net